KitchenAid is a well-known, well-respected kitchen appliance company. But do their KitchenAid Artisan Mixers really hold up to all the hype?
KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt Head Stand Mixer
Last year, to my surprise, I received the KitchenAid Artisan Mixer for my 32nd birthday. I was sooo excited to finally get my hands on this appliance, especially since I had already broken two other mixers over the past two years. I knew that KitchenAid was a very durable brand that could probably hold up to my decorating icing that had caused my previous mixers to die at such a young age. Well, one was kind of old, but it was a commercial grade mixer and I still killed it.
- Very heavy duty.
- This mixer has several speeds, including stir which is great while adding powdered ingredients.
- It comes with a paddle blade, a whisk, and dough handle, along with a splash guard for easy pour in and minimal splash out of ingredients of the 5-Quart polished bowl.
- Easy to clean.
- The head tilts back so you can scrape the bowl and remove it from its locking bottom plate.
- The head locks into place so it doesn’t bounce while mixing something thick or heavy.
- Easy on, easy off of attachments.
- This mixer is very heavy so it can be difficult to move if you plan to store it somewhere besides your countertop.
- Whether the head is tilted up or down, you are apt to get the mix on your hands when scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- The splash guard, which does not lock onto the bowl, moves from mixer’s vibrations and doesn’t always stop food from splashing out.
- It is a bit pricey.
My Opinion: I have to say that I LOVE MY MIXER! I have not, in anyway, been disappointed by this product at all. Yes, it can be annoying that it is hard to scrape the sides and bottom, but that is a MINOR inconvenience, nothing more. The only bummer for me is that the mixer I received was a silver matte and I had always wanted a bright colorful one – but I am just grateful that my family bought it for me. I even plan to purchase a second one of these mixers in the future so I can have one dedicated to cake mixes and one for icings, then I can be twice as productive.
*If you are wondering why I gave this mixer a five cupcake rating instead of a four, it is because this mixer is that good and minor inconveniences are not worth marking down such a great product. It is definitely a MUST-HAVE have in your kitchen.
Where Can You Get Your Own KitchenAid Mixer?
Amazon.com – $269.99 (3 year warranty for $24.99 extra)
- The price above is for the silver finish mixer at the top of this post.
- Mixers come in a variety of other colors, but there may be a price difference for some color options.
Looking for a Good Cause that your purchase could benefit?
Purchase your Breast Cancer Pink KitchenAid Mixer and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure will receive a donation.
$349.99 (includes 1 year hassle-free warranty)
- Includes a Rebate for a FREE grinder attachment ($50 value) and a 5-piece Non-stick Bakeware bundle ($80 value) (Ends 3/31/15)
Please feel free to leave a comment below and tell me what you think of the KitchenAid Artisan Mixer. I would love to hear any stories about your love or hate relationship with your mixer. I know there are many. 🙂